Do you want your eyes to command all the attention this coming holiday season? Want to dazzle your buddies with a few newly acquired makeup skills? Then you’ve arrived at the right place. I’ve selected my top 7 essential makeup items and thrown in a few key tips too.
- If you are looking for a fresh and radiant complexion, and a foundation that will last all day then Dermablends got you covered! I’ve been using both their New Cover Matte Foundation for a month now and their Corrective Fluid Foundation for years. The Cover Matte Foundation is great for the gals who suffer from oily, acne prone skin or rosacea. It covers, absorbs excess oils and calms the skin. The corrective fluid works on most other skin types including problematic skin types such as eczema. Firstly, prep your skin before foundation application. This ensures it will last all day. Blend with a beauty sponge for total coverage let it sit for ten minutes to interact with the pigment of your skin. After all your eye makeup is done, apply some powder to fix it in place. Easy! I used Dermablend and The Balm Foiled again palette on my face in the featured image.
- Are you naughty by nature? Check out the Balm’s extremely fun and totally bad ass Foiled Again Palette. It’s a glittering must and guilty pleasure for this coming season. It has an array of foiled eyeshadow pans that are easy to apply on the lids of the eyes for some instant holiday sparkle. It also has a few matte shades to help you prep the lid before application. My top tip – Prep your lids, then apply arrested under the brow bone for a bit of lift. Grab a small flat nylon brush, easy to conceal in your party bag. Next, use it to apply a very small amount of concealer over both lids. Then simply select your favourite shade (mine’s Guilty) and with your ring finger or brush, press and pat your favourite colour over your entire lid for an intense bit of sparkle.
- Sick of trying to get the perfect flick? Well stop, there really isn’t any need. Note Cosmetics eye pencil lines more fluidly than gel liner. #Loveit! You’ve already got a good bit of sparkle on your lids. Now just line, with either their black or brown liner on the top lid for a bit more definition. Tip – for a more smoky look, line your water line and half your lash line from the outer corner of your eye to about halfway in and smudge with the sponge tip applicator. Simps, smokey eyes to go!
- For big, bold and, intensely black lashes, you’ve just gotta try Isa Dora’s Stretch Lash Mascara. It’s impressive! It has an adjustable wand that shrinks so you can do a bit of detail on the inner lashes and hard to reach lashes. Then stretch them out with the longer wand for added length and definition. I’ve been using it daily and #EyesAdoreIT!
- Pink Blush / Bold Blush, become a non-touring rebel! Swish on a load of Clarins 09 pink blush with gold dust and sparkle. Give yourself a big cheezy grin and apply to the apple of the cheeks and highlight.
- If you feel your face needs a bit of structure then use your bronzer to contour. No need for 50 shades of brown to get sculpted, your favourite bronzer will do. Mine is the Clarins Bronzer, as it suits a range of skin tones including mine. It add’s a glorious bronze glow to your skin and contours more naturally. Simply apply under and on your cheekbones and blend towards your ear. Swish a dab to your temples, around your hairline, and under your jaw bone for a warm, subtle contoured glow!
- Need a bit more attention! Go big, go bold, go Matte or Ultra Glossy. Depends on your lipstick love! A couple of killer colors Urban Decays glossy red Assin and The Body Shops Matte Goa Magnolia. Both shades will add a bit of impact and glam to your party bag. Check out my mini videos on both lipsticks. Which one do you prefer??
And that’s all folks. Seven simple steps to total fabulousness. Enjoy the party season, rock out and dazzle with your makeup skills.
x Debs x